We ordered a $120 Xbox360 steering wheel in late October 2007 as a Christmas present. After finding a similar item more in our price range at a different website, we emailed the company and canceled our order. **We received a cancellation order 11/2/07**

Shortly before Christmas, we get a shipping notification of the item from Buy.com. They had charged our credit card. The item arrives and I contact the company to get a RMA. After being on the phone for a rather long time, I was able to explain to the young man with the thick accent, that we had canceled this order and we should not have been charged. **We receive a RMA# 1/10/08**

I immediately take the item to my local Staples store and drop off my RMA# shipment to go via UPS to Buy.com. ** UPS website says packaged arrived at Buy.com 1/16/08**

I wait a week or two for the charge to be removed from my credit card... nothing. Finally I call Buy.com again and ask them why the charge has not been removed. **The CSR tells me the package was delivered to Buy.com on 1/31/08 and I needed to wait 5-7 business days for the charge to be removed** Remember UPS told me it was received on 1/16/08.

I wait 12 days, and the charge is STILL on my credit card. **I call again 2/12/08 and ask to speak to a manager, which the CSR won't allow me to do, and then I proceed to tell them that I am in the process of filing a complaint with the BBB (which I was) and that as soon as I got off the phone with Buy.com that I was going to contact Chase.com and issue a charge back. That what Buy.com was doing was fraudulent, because they have the item and I am still being charged. The CSR begged me to wait just 24-48 hours more and that she promised it will be taken care of. Just to make sure I took the CSR's name and badge number. ** I explained to the CSR that I didn't want to get her in trouble, but that I needed proof that I was given a timeline (again) for the removal of the charge.

24 hours later the charge was removed.

Why did I have to send so many emails (3) and make so many phone calls (3) for an item that we canceled in the first place? Incompetence!

David

Pittsburgh, PA

Had an Experience with Buy?

Comments